Welcome to Humphrey Shoulder Clinic in Boise, Idaho. Our clinic is run by the highly experienced and acclaimed shoulder surgeon Dr. Carl Scott Humphrey. We are supported by Christi E. Franks, RN, MSN, FNP-BC, who has a passion for orthopedics.
Together, we provide expert care with the latest non-surgical and surgical treatments for patients seeking relief from shoulder pain, tendonitis, arthritis, sports-related injuries, and other shoulder-related conditions.
What Are Common Conditions and Injuries Treated at Humphrey Shoulder Clinic in Boise?
At Humphrey Shoulder Clinic, we strive to give our patients the care they deserve when they are experiencing shoulder pain, weakness, and instability. Patients will typically first explore non-surgical remedies with our RN, Christi E. Franks. If these treatments are no longer effective, patients may consider surgical options with Dr. Carl Scott Humphrey.
Common Shoulder Injuries and Conditions Treated at Humphrey Shoulder Clinic
How to Fix Your Shoulder Without Surgery?
- Glenohumeral Joint Injections
- Anti-inflammatory Medications
Physical Therapy and Shoulder Exercise Recommendations
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
- Corticosteroid Injections
What are the Most Common Shoulder Surgeries?
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Repair
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Frozen Shoulder
- SLAP Repair
- Distal Clavicle Resection
- Bicep Tendon Repair (Tenodesis)
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Labral Repair
- Biceps + Tendon Repair
What Are the Signs to Seek Out a Boise Shoulder Specialist?
- Pain interfering with sleep
- Pain that does not improve with rest, ice, and anti-inflammatory medications
- Acute or chronic shoulder pain that occurs with simple activities of daily living, such as reaching
- Bruising in the shoulder area or upper arm, especially after an accident
- Shoulder dislocation
- Shoulder pain is limiting physical activity
- Restricted shoulder motion
- Decreased or complete inability to rotate the shoulder
- Difficulty sleeping
- Snapping, clicking, or popping sounds or feeling in the shoulder joint
- Apparent shoulder joint disappearance
The Trusted Experts in Boise For Shoulder Pain and Conditions
Dr. Humphrey is a renowned orthopedic surgeon who, after completing his education at the University of Oregon and the University of Utah School of Medicine, further honed his skills by completing orthopedic surgery training at the University of Nebraska Medical Center/Creighton University residency program. He then completed the San Francisco Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship at California Pacific Medical Center. His expertise has been recognized in many ways, including being part of the Enovis AltiVate Reverse® shoulder replacement prosthesis humeral stem design team. He is credited as an inventor of 11 US patents for shoulder surgery devices.
Dr. Humphrey is the director of the Idaho Shoulder Education & Research Foundation (ISERF) Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship Program. He was also the first shoulder specialist in Idaho to be accepted as an American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons member.
Personalized Shoulder Care at Humphrey Shoulder Clinic
Are you looking for relief from shoulder pain? Humphrey Shoulder Clinic offers comprehensive treatment options to help you get back to normal. Whether it’s a shoulder injury in need of non-surgical care or it's time to schedule surgery, we have the experience and expertise to assess your condition, develop a personalized treatment plan, and give you the support you need. Schedule an appointment online or call us at 208-639-4800 to start your journey to a healthier and more comfortable lifestyle.